Forests on Fire: The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected
Presented by the Crowsnest Conservation Society
Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018
Doors open at 6:30 pm; event begins at 7:00 pm
Compass Centre, 2029 - 130 Street, Blairmore
Admission cost: FREE
On Feb. 7, 2018, the Crowsnest Conservation Society will be hosting an evening of presentations by speakers including Landscapes in Motion's very own David Andison. This event is free to the public and if you live in the area, we hope you will attend for an informative night that explores the following questions:
- What did our forests look like 100 years ago?
- And 100 years in the future?
- How does wildfire affect the wildlife?
- What can we learn from the Lost Creek and Kenow fires?
- David Andison, Fire Pattern Researcher
- Jonathan Large, Fire Management Officer with Parks Canada
- Robert Anderson, Local Wildlife Biologist
Please visit the Crowsnest Conservation Society Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/CrowsnestConservation/) to learn more and to RSVP for this event.
For more information, you can also visit the Crowsnest Conservation Society website: http://crowsnestconservation.ca/
We hope to see you there, and thank the Crowsnest Conservation Society for inviting Dave to speak!